Sunday, November 20, 2005

Patty Cakes

Little Mad has become such a darlin' .... She is rarely far from my side, unless I connect Mister Dyson's infernal machine to the national grid. Lucky for her that I am such a slattern.

I am writing because I am reminded of the comic verse I threw (spewed) out back in the mid nineties partly to prove that any collection of words made poetry and partly to see if I could prove my own unproven theory. Yeah, it was as glib as that.

What emerged was such suitably comic stuff as: I like my cat/Cos he's a little catty/If he was a Beatle/He'd have a girlfriend named Patti ...

The points of ellipsis being deliberately left un-stopped with a period.

How arty-farty is that? (Given that the verse is just ghastly anyway.)

Little Mad is doing her laundry.

To be honest Little Mad is utterly careless of my concerns.