Saturday, August 06, 2005

List Ye To My Confessions

I saw this list on Sharon's blog and although I thought some of the events more than a little odd if not trite I thought it worthwhile wasting a half hour on to record my own catalogue of shame and triumph and disaster.

(X) smoked a cigarette. (Far too many but not recently thank God.)
( ) crashed a friend's car (Almost but a miss is as good as a mile, right?
(X) stolen a car (I have a criminal conviction for 'stealing' my ex's motor cycle)
(X) been in love
(X) been dumped.
(X) been fired.
( ) been in a fist fight
( ) snuck out of your parents' house
(X) had feelings for someone who didn't have them back.
(X) been arrested
( ) gone on a blind date
(X) lied to a friend
(X) skipped school
(X) seen someone die (Yes and it was a grisly and pathetically sad event because the lady was a complete stranger and I felt that someone should sit with her while she took her last mortal breaths rather than be alone on a gurney in a busy hospital. She was unconscious but she took a long time to stop living.)
(X) gone sledding
( ) been to Canada (Been to several European countries though)
( ) been to Mexico (But I did take a trip south of the equator to South Africa)
(X) been on a plane
( ) purposely set a part of yourself on fire. (I am too seriously pyrophobic ever to even consider that!)
(X ) eaten sushi.
( ) been skiing.
( ) met someone from the internet (No way José)
(X) been at a concert
(X) taken painkillers
(X) love someone or miss someone right now
(X) laid on your back and watched cloud shapes go by
( ) made a snow angel
(X) had a tea party
(X) flown a kite
(X) built a sand castle
(X) gone puddle jumping.
(X) played dress up
(X) jumped into a pile of leaves
(X) cheated while playing a game (But only in fun - I wouldn't cheat for personal gain)
(X) been lonely
(X) fallen asleep at work/school
( ) used a fake ID (Been times though when I would have been tempted to use one if I'd had one handy)
(X) watched the sun set
(X) felt an earthquake (Felt it? I was almost on top of the epicentre!)
( ) slept beneath the stars. (Oh yeah like an arachnophobe would do that without being drugged!)
(X) been tickled.
(X) been robbed. (Been burgled at home, at work and my car has been stolen. City life is a bitch!)
(X) been misunderstood. (Most of the time)
( ) petted a reindeer/goat/kangaroo (I have eaten goat though. It makes a yummy curry.)
(X) won a contest. (The Junior Literary Prize at my Grammar School)
(X) run a red light/stop sign. (It's so wrong but doing it occasionally can feel so right.)
( ) been suspended from school (Can't think why though. I wasn't good unless you count being adept at avoiding notice ... and the blame.)
(X) been in a car crash
( ) had braces
(X) felt like an outcast/third person
(X) eaten a whole pint! of ice cream in one night (I checked this becasue I have gluttoned my way through numerous equivalents.)
(X) had deja vu.
( ) danced in the moonlight
( ) liked the way you looked (I never liked the way I looked. I've gotten used to myself now, but that still doesn't mean I like what I see.)
(X) witnessed a crime
( ) been obsessed with post-it notes (Hate them)
( ) gone doorbell ditching (Eh?)
( ) believe in ghosts (I waver on this one though)
(X) found a stray animal and kept it
( ) squished barefoot through the mud (Ew!)
(X) been lost (Where am I?)
(X) been on the opposite side of the country (That's not difficult in the UK)
( ) swam in the ocean (Can't swim anyway)
(X) felt like dying
(X) cried yourself to sleep
(X) played cops and robbers
( ) recently colored with crayons (Always drawing and doodling though with pencil or pen)
( ) sung karaoke (I couldn't sing in public if my life depended on it!)
( ) paid for a meal with only coins
(X) done something you told yourself you wouldn't
(X) made prank phone calls.
(X) laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
( ) caught a snowflake on your tongue
( ) danced in the rain
(X) written a letter to Santa Claus.
(X) been kissed under the mistletoe.
(X) watched the sun rise with someone you care about
(X) blown bubbles
(X) made a bonfire on the beach
(X) crashed a party.
( ) gone rollerskating.
( ) had a wish come true
( ) jumped off a bridge
(X) ate dog/cat food.
( ) told a complete stranger you loved them
(X) kissed a mirror.
(X) sang in the shower.
( ) had a dream that you married someone.
(X) glued your hand to something.
( ) kissed a fish.
(X) sat on a roof top.
(X) screamed at the top of your lungs.
( ) done a one-handed cartwheel.
( ) talked on the phone for more than 5 hours.
(X) stayed up all night
(X) picked and ate an apple right off the tree.
(X) climbed a tree
( ) had a tree house
(X) scared to watch a scary movie alone.
( ) have more than 30 pairs of shoes.
(X) worn a really ugly outfit to school.
( ) pushed into a pool/hot tub with all your clothes on.
(X) gone streaking
( ) gone skinny dipping in a pool/hot tub.
( ) told you're hot by a complete stranger
(X) broken a bone.
(X) been easily amused.
( ) caught a fish then ate it.
(X) caught a butterfly.
(X) laughed so hard you cried
(X) cried so hard you laughed
( ) cheated on a test
(X) forgotten someone's name
( ) french braided someone's hair.
(X) loved someone so much you would gladly die for them.