Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Daft Evasion

This morning I took a look through my little archive of unposted drafts. I just decided, on a whim, that the following should be published without alteration. It isn't just an example of my political thinking but it also shows how crappily I type as I am posting it in the raw without further comment.

time was that men were men and women styayed by the kitchen sink. The men were 'appy but they didn't get laid as much as they thought they wanted to but at least they had a place and they new what it was. the women weren't happy, hated sex but put it with it in exchange for a roof over their heads and er ... other stuff.

then the girls got the idea that monogamy wasn't compulsory and that equality was manybe a good idea ... since then men have been unhappy but ... starlingly ... so are the women. Never really happy from the word go (look at eve!!) the girls decided that equality was an excuse to behave like the men. First it was promiscuous sex then it was walking out on the family (or more commonly just booting out the unwanted man) and then it was binge drinking .... No equality dind't bring us girls any benefits. It just gave us a fairer share of the misery.

Um, so I lied about the no further comment. It just occurred to me that it could be suggested that this is just an example of laziness ... but I do have to go out this morning and this was easier than thinking or gettting up earlier.

Is the absence of capitalisation to those paragraphs a Freudian something or other? Now that is something I am going to worry about all day!